Cộng Đồng Người Việt Quốc Gia Hoa Kỳ
The Vietnamese American Community of USA
P.O. Box 452 Sterling Heights, MI 48311
December 14, 2013
To: The Honorable Ban Ki Moon, Secretary General of the United Nations.
The Honorable Vijavat Isarabhakdi, Ambassador of the Kingdom of Thailand to the United States of America.
The Honorable Navi Pillay, UN High Commissioner for Human Rights.
The Honorable Remigiusz Achilles Henczel, President of the Human Rights Council.
The Honorable John Kerry, US Secretary of State.
Cc: Human Rights Watch.
Subject: An Urgent Request to Free Mr. Dang Chi Hung, a Vietnamese Patriot who was detained in Thailand and is facing Deportation to Vietnam.
Dear Sirs and Madam:
Mr. Dang Chi Hung, a young Vietnamese patriot who published his studies on the heinous crimes committed by the Vietnamese Communist Party against its people and homeland.
In a country where freedom of speech is denied, Mr. Dang Chi Hung was harassed and threatened by Vietnamese Police. If arrested, he might be imprisoned for long term and worse, killed.
Mr. Dang Chi Hung had fled to Thailand and recently was arrested by Thai Police upon request of Vietnamese government. He is now waiting for a trial that will decide whether he is sent back to Vietnam to face a merciless revenge. Mr. Dang Chi Hung is jailed on charged of illegal immigrant at IDC on Suan Phlu Street, Bangkok (about 1 mile from Australian Embassy).
Along with Mr. Dang Chi Hung, two other Vietnamese dissidents – Le Van Quang and Truong Quoc Huy – were detained at the same time and on the same charge although Mr. Truong Quoc Huy had been approved as Political Refugee by the UNHCR.
We, the Vietnamese American Community of the U.S.A.
1. Request the United Nation, High Commissioner for Human Rights to intervene to release Mr. Dang Chi Hung, Le Van Quang and Truong Quoc Huy and give help wherever possible.
2. Request the Government of Thailand to consider them Political Refugees and do not send them back to Vietnam.
3. Request the United States to grant Mr. Dang Chi Hung, Le Van Quang and Truong Quoc Huy a refugee status, and admit them to the USA under the United States Refugee Act of 1980.
Thank you for your concern and consideration.
Yours, very truly
The Vietnamese Americans Community of the USA
• Mr. Tien Ngoc Nguyen, Chairman of the Board of Representatives
• Ms. Thu Lan Huynh, Chairwoman of the Executive Board
• Mr. Tan Van Nguyen, Chairman of the Supervisory Board.