Cộng Đồng Người Việt Quốc Gia Hoa Kỳ
The Vietnamese American Community of USA
P.O. Box 452 Sterling Heights, MI 48311
May 07, 2014
The Honorable Cui Tiankai
Ambassador of the People’s Republic of China to the USA
3505,International Place, N.W.
Washington D.C. 20008
Ref: Protest Against China’s Aggressive Acts on East Vietnam Sea.
Dear Mr. Ambassador:
Vietnam, for thousands of years, has been an independent nation. Though being victimized by the ambitious superpower neighbor, Vietnam has many times defeated the great armies of the Sung, Yuan, Ming, Qing dynasties to regain her independence.
Vietnamese territories, air, land and sea, are recognized and respected by the international community.
In recent years, the People’s Republic of China has many times sent navy ships to invade the Vietnamese East Sea within the limit of our territory, violating the International Laws. China’s hostile acts includes harassing Vietnamese fishing boats, killing and beating Vietnamese soldiers and fishermen, occupying some major islands of the Paracel and Spratly archipelagos which belong to Vietnam.
More seriously, China has recently built a giant oil rig HD-981 just about 119 nautical miles from Vietnam land, within our maritime boundary. Chinese also threatened and attacked Vietnamese boats that tried to approach the oil rig within 6 miles. By those incidents, the Vietnamese national sovereignty is deeply offended.
We, the Vietnamese American Community of the USA
1. Accuse the People’s Republic of China of her invasion our South East Asian countries – including Vietnam – territories. China’s acts seriously violate the International Laws and could start a conflict that may lead to an unnecessary regional war.
2. Strongly condemn the People’s Republic of China for her aggressive and belligerent behavior toward her neighboring countries in the South East Asia.
3. We demand that China must immediately stop all illegal actions in the East Sea of Vietnam, return all islands and land that China has occupied from Vietnam in recent decades.
4. We also condemn the Communist Vietnamese government for its cowardly submission to its Chinese “masters”.
5. We appeal the International Community, all peace-loving people on the planet to support Vietnamese people in this just cause.
6. We urge our overseas Vietnamese to show solidarity and supports to our fellow Vietnamese inland with all possible means. The first step is to boycott all Chinese made products.
Vietnamese people just want to live in peaceful co-existence with neighboring countries; but will be very firm and steadfast if we have to bear arms to defend our motherland.
Please, take this issue very seriously to avoid any unwanted consequences.
Tien Ngoc Nguyen
Chairman of the Board of Representatives
The Vietnamese American Community of the USA.
All China Consulates in the United States.
The Secretary General of the United Nation.
The UN Security Council.
The US Secretary of State.
US Ambassador to China
Vietnamese Mass Media in the USA