Twelve victims of injustice were arrested after risking their lives to make a brave resistance against a forced eviction and caused serious injuries to at least 20 local police. The incident occurred on the morning of April 14, 2015 when the victims threw petrol bombs, splashed acid, and caused an explosion from a welding tank in an attempt to stop the unjust eviction carried out by the communist authorities of Long An province.
Head of the operation, a lieutenant colonel police, was burned by acid
In the morning of April 14, 2015, the communist authorities mobilized a strong police force to destroy a makeshift tent that the family of Nguyen Trung Can and Mai Thi Kim Huong setup as a barricade to protect their home in Thanh Hoa district, Long An province.
The forced eviction quickly flared into violence as police force broke down doors, threw stones, beaten and arrested several people inside their home. Resentfully, Mr. Nguyen Trung Can set his house on fire and used petrol bombs against the police who carried out the eviction.
Mrs. Tran Ngoc Anh, member of the “Solidarity Movement of Victims of Injustice,” said that Can splashed acid to the police when he was forced to the corner of losing all.
Head of the operation, lieutenant colonel Nguyen Van Thuy, chief of police of Thach An village, was splashed with acid on his face and taken to Cho Ray Hospital in Saigon for treatment.
Reportedly, dozen of other police were burned by acid and petrol bombs.
In a desperate attempt, the family of Nguyen Trung Can caused an explosion from a welding tank but could not repel the brutal force of land robbery.
Police arrested 12 victims of injustice, carried out brutal revenge
At noon the same day, the makeshift tent of Nguyen Trung Can and Mai Thi Kim Huong was completely burned.
A brutal reprisal took place immediately as many victims of injustice, who opposed the eviction, including the activist Phung Thi Ly, were beaten badly by police.
Police arrested the following people.
1. Nguyen Trung Can
2. Mai Thi Kim Hương
3. Nguyen Mai Trung Tuan (son of Can and Huong)
4. Nguyen Trung Tai
5. Nguyen Thi Nhâm
6. Phan Thi Mai Trinh
7. Phung Thi Ly
8. Phung Van Tuan
9. Nguyen Thi Thang
10. Mai Van Đat
11. Mai Van Tuan
12. Mai Quoc Ha
On the evening of April 14, 2015, Mrs. Tran Ngoc Anh said, “The father of Huong, Mr. Mai Van Tuan, one of the relatives of her family who was repressed then taken away by police in this case, is currently in an emergency room in Thanh Hoa Hospital.
Tuan was unconscious and has recovered but still very tired for suffering painful injuries caused by police during the repression. He tried to whisper to his daughter saying 3 policemen forcibly locked him in a room and started a violent attack against him. His left eye and hip are swollen and he is suffering shortness of breath.”
This resistance had been made public in advance. Upon receipt of the eviction notice, the family of Can and Huong had hung a banner declaring that they would risk their lives to save their properties.
“My family has vowed to death against land confiscation from communist robbers. On April 14, 2015, we are ready to shed blood to alert 90 million people about the catastrophe caused by Vietnamese communists,” said the banner.
Blogs I Follow
- The Depths of Hell
- The Vietnamese American Community of the USA (VAC-USA) New Leadership (2017-2020)
- Condemning the Barbarous Acts of Communist Vietnam against the People
- United Airline’s ill-treatment toward a passenger who is a Vietnamese American elder.
- The Peace Movements in South Vietnam in Mid-1960s
- Topeka Army veteran fought, ate, lived with South Vietnamese troops
- Public Statement in Regard to The Voice of Vietnamese Americans
- The VAC-USA Protests against California Senate
- Objection to Ho Chi Minh Statue in Wien, Austria
- Vietnam: End “Evil Way” Persecution of Montagnard Christians
- I’m a Democrat. Here’s how Hillary and the recount campaign leaves me feeling
- The Reason Why Donald Trump Won the Presidential Election
- Communist Vietnam Arrests Blogger in Latest Crackdown on Dissent
- Donald Trump- Lion King surrounded by a menacing pack of wolves
- In Vietnam, telling the truth is criminal ‘propaganda’
- Many Vietnamese-Americans Face Difficult Choice at Polls
- Communist China Accused of Harvesting Human Organs
- HCMC Authorities Seize Lien Tri Pagoda, Evicting Monks despite Strong Protest
- Vietnam, the biggest hub for illegal rhino horn trafficking, has done little to stop it
- Detained for defending human rights in Viet Nam
- Ending Torture of Prisoners of Conscience in Vietnam
- How Hanoi Buys Influence in Washington, D.C.
- Obama’s Vietnam “Legacy” Trip: A Reality Check
- Obama’s Visit to Vietnam Comes as Mass Demonstrations Protest Pollution and Massive Fish Kills
- Veteran Vietnam dissident Nguyen Van Ly released ahead of Obama visit: church
- Facebook blocked in Vietnam over the weekend due to citizen protests
- Maoists still a force 50 years after the Cultural Revolution
- Vietnam to be condemned for Human Rights Violation
- Vietnam is quietly hosting a defense symposium attended by major American arms manufacturers
- Huge Fish Kill Tests Vietnam’s New Regime
November 2017 M T W T F S S « Oct 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- 22,350 hits
Blogs I Follow